Thursday, December 17, 2009

Round 1

Okay round one of Chemo down.  Thanks to Lisa who was by my side the whole way.  She was such a joy and a big help.  You can tell we were the "newbies" there, but everyone seemed quit nice and very accommodating.  We were there from 9a-1:30p which wasn't too bad.  The administering of Chemo wasn't bad, but putting the needle into my portacath was a little painful, because it was still sensitive.  Other than that it was a very easy.


After I came home I felt very sleepy so I slept most of the day, until 4p I felt very nauseous and sensitive  to smells.  I had 2 kinds of meds for nausea, but they didn't really help till the second dose around 12-1a in the morning.  It was yucky to say the least.  I'm drinking water and some sprite which seem to help.  It's about 3:30pm on Thur and I feel okay.  I was able to eat some small meals today.  So hopefully over the worst of it for this round.

Though the mountains leave their place and the hills be shaken My love shall never leave you nor My covenant of peace be shaken, says the Lord, who has mercy on you. (Isaiah 54:10)




Thank you everyone for you kinds words and cards.  If you want leave a encouraging note or prayer please do so in the comment section. 

Blessings and Hugs to All!

5 comments:

  1. I'm soooo glad you're doing good so far...
    Sending you lots of hugs and prayers....
    Love you Dutch 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne: I've kept you close in my thoughts all week. You're very brave. And, you're not alone. Let me know if you want more carmels (not pronounced Care-a-mels :-)) or cookies. Can send them over with Nancy. Can also make you some chicken soup, if that sounds good. xo Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amiga, so you lay the groundwork for me, I will do the same and return the favor. We can do this with the help of friends, and for that you are not lacking! xo Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanne, I am praying for you. Jesus and Mary are with you. hang in there.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your prayers and words of encouragement. I hold them close to my heart every day!

    ReplyDelete