Saturday, September 15, 2012

It's back and so am I!

October 2010 my last blog entry was so wonderful!  Cancer free!  Since then so much has happened.

One major event since then was my Mom did go on to eternal rest October 26, 2010.  I was graced with the moment to witness her last breath with my sister, Tina.    We have been trying to adjust life without Mom.  We miss her dearly.

As you know Jack and I went through a rough time while I was in treatment and I was caring for my mom, we even delayed our wedding.  Well as most of you know we did get married this year March 3!  Such a beautiful day!  We are very happy!

In August 2012, we were hit was some shocking news!  My cancer came back!  I was having back pain, the doctor told me to have a bone scan.  The scan showed the cancer is back in bones (tumor on my spine, skull cap and hip bone).  Needless to say we are devastated!   I've also had a CT scan which tell you if cancer is in any of my organs.  There seems to be 2 unmeasurable nodules on each of my lungs. 
MY TREATMENT PLAN:  We are currently seeking options for my treatment plan.  They are reviewing my case at UCSF.    There are several treatment with drug protocols that others have used and live 10-15 years.  We are very hopeful.  

Currently, I'm undergoing radiation treatment to reduce the tumor on my spine, which is suppose to reduce the pain.  I'm having a horrible reaction to the side effects, I had to stop 2 treatments shy of finishing.

I have more to share, but this is it for today!  I started this blog back up to get my friends updated, help me sort this journey and to ask for your prayers!  You know how much I believe in the power of prayer!

Hugs and blessings to you!
Mrs. Jeanne Oast (I like writing that! :)

                   My Hope is in the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Awww Jeanne - my heart sank when I saw this post. I don't really have the words to say except for my Prayers are with you. I'm happy to know that you are going to UCSF for your follow-up treatment... I will stay connected to your progress. If I can do anything (besides pray) I will... I'm here, and just a phone call/email away. Keeping you lifted, and know that God is Able to bring you out of this.

    In Prayer, your friend and fellow Survivor!

    Latishia

    ReplyDelete