Saturday, August 14, 2010

Drum Roll Please....

Okay the exciting news is.... Jack & I set our wedding date!  October 28, 2010!  Yes, in less than 3 months (biting my finger nails).  It is an aggressive date, however I think we've waited long enough (or least I have).  We are planning on a small gathering so unfortunately we will not be able to invite all our friends and family.  Before my surgery I created a wedding website (from the knot) if you'd like to keep up with the details.  I will post the link in the next week or so.

Also, since I'm almost at the end of my cancer treatment journey I will be transforming my blog to the end of my treatment to the start of my new journey with Jack.  I'm not sure of all the details, but I'm looking forward to something new.

So what's the update on my recovery?  Well it's kind of slow, but I'm getting there.  I'm not able to drive so that is limiting.  I will start radiation treatments next week.  I think they will probably be daily for 5-6 weeks, but I'll know for sure after my first appointment.  From what I understand the side effects are minimal so that is good.  Also, I will have several appointments with my plastic surgeon to fill my expander's with saline that were placed in side of me during my surgery.  Looking forward to my new foobs (fake boobs) :)

Thanks for all your love, prayers and support! 
Jeanne

5 comments:

  1. Very happy for you! Congrats on setting the date...

    John M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Jack is a lucky fellow and I am so happy for you! If you want to give him a crash "Apples" course just send him to Alaska!! In fact if you wanted to honeymoon in the cooler temps you could come to my home in Alaska!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! So happy for you. I'm glad you have something positive to look forward to. You're in my prayers. I still think of you when I walk to BART in the morning and walk past the church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you all! @Joanne "we both may need that apples course". :) Sonja thank you so much for your prayers, I really appreciate it. Hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jeanne -
    Not sure you'll remember me (I used to be in that office that your boss is in now), and through the wonders of Facebook and our mutual friends Rosi and Cathy (the amazing one) I found myself on your blog, reading about your journey.
    Congratulations to Jack - he's a very lucky man. And have fun with this big life step. I'll keep you in my prayers, and look forward to hearing about your continuing recovery and new adventures. Jordan

    ReplyDelete