Monday, December 14, 2009

Human Pin Cushion

It's been a couple of days since my melt down and I feel so much better today.  Almost renewed and ready for what is a head.  What is a head you say...oh yeah Chemo (on Wed).  You can read and read and read some more about what to expect from Chemo.  But like my doctor said you won't know till you get Chemo how your body will react.  They will try to manage the side effects (with meds) which is nausea, vomiting, diarrhea , constipation, fatigue,  mouth sores just to name a few.  Oh yeah and hair loss.  The only silver lining will be if I don't have to shave my legs while being on Chemo. :). 

I was all set thinking I can probably deal with most of these symptoms, until they told me I would have to give myself an injection (shot) 72 hours after chemo for 8 days.  The medicine will help boost my white blood cells.  They told me if I couldn't do it myself one of family members can give me the shot.  Or I can go to the doctor every day and they give me the shot.  However, they said I might not feel up to going to the doctor just for a shot.  I guess we will see in the coming days what happens. 

For now I want to concentrate on Christmas and reason for the season:

For then I will change and purify the lips of the people, that they all may call upon the name of the Lord, to serve Him with one accord. (Zephaniah 3:9)
Prayer:  Lord, purify me of everything, whether present or past, that hinders me from serving You.

Thank you for you continued love, prayers and support!
Blessings and Hugs to All!

1 comment:

  1. Jeannie:

    You have so much on your plate which is just a funny thing to say, since you can't actually eat it! Praise God for good friends and a fine family.
    I'll keep praying for you and yours,

    Arlene M. (Cathleen's mom)

    ReplyDelete