Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Lamb being led to the slaughter

Okay, now when I look back on that picture of me with a smile on my face taking my first chemo, I feel like a lamb being led to the slaugher.   The past few days have not been fun.  It's Sunday and I'm just starting to feel like I have some energy and I can eat a little something.  The picture of food, the thought of food and the smell of food is enough to send me realing.  I'm determined to do improve everyday though.  Thanks to all of you who are praying for me.  Prayers are the number one thing I do need.  So I thank you for the bottom of my heart.

If anyone has any advice on how to deal with nausea, that would help a lot.  The day of my Chemo they told me to take Zofran every 8 hrs for 3 days and Compazine every 6 hours as needed.  I did use both of these the first 3 days.  Yesterday (Sat) I took the Compazine every 6 hours only once.  I almost think after I take these medicines I feel worse.  However, I don't want to think how I would feel without them either.  Anyway let me know if you have any suggestions.

Last night I had a dream and in my dream one of my past confirmation students told me this from the Lord "my yoke is sufficient for you".  So I'm gonna just concentrate on that for now.  Again, I'd like to hear from you in the comment section, those words of encouragement are really comforting.

Blessings and Hugs to all of you.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Dutch, glad to see you up and bloging.
    We are all praying for you. Know that you are loved. You are always in my heart.
    I'm sending you my Guardian Angel to help
    with the nausa....Hugs to you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeanne,

    When I saw you smiling at your first chemo, I thought, OMG, how brave. Now I know how you really feel. I was still glad to see your smile:0) Stay strong. You are truly in everyone's thoughts and prayers.

    Trina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne,

    Make sure you tell them before the next cycle that your N/V started 4 hours after last chemo cycle and that Zofran didn't seem to help so they may use a different one, premediation and afterwards. Choices are: Kytril, Aloxi, Anzemet. What chemo regimen are you receiving?

    Stay strong and keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jeanne!

    I hope you're feeling okay. Thank you so much for the gift. I can't believe you have time to wrap us the gift. You're such an angel. I will continue to pray for you everyday. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holidays. Thanks for always listen to me whenever I need someone to talk to. Take CARE. Love,Paula

    ReplyDelete