Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Sticky Situation....

Today I'm still so happy for the news of the PET Scan from yesterday.  I know these results are because of all of you!  You have no idea how much I appreciate your prayers and support!  Thank You, Thank You!!!

Okay I need advice and I need it fairly quickly.  Yesterday, I had the PortaCath procedure.  Today, I'm so soar and in a little bit of pain.  The only thing I'm taking is Tylenol it's not working that well.  But that is not problem.  The problem is tomorrow I go back to the doctor so they can check the wound and I'm completely scared of them taking off the tape around gauze.  Other than ripping it off quickly, which is not an option.  Does anyone have any other ideas or advice on how do to take this tape of with the least amount of pain?  I was thinking they can put a man on the moon, but no one has come up with some kind of solution to take tape off your skin without pain.  If you have any ideas, please let me know in the comment section.

Thanks again for your love, prayers and support!
Blessings and Hugs to ALL!

2 comments:

  1. When I had my heart cath Jeanne I felt the same way. Lots of pain had two entry points in the groin. I found that If I slowly pulled it off I felt better. the when I put my new on on it I made it wider so it was future from the owies. The placed a clamp there there over an hour. It bruise so deep that the marks showed up a week later. I took 1000mg of Tylenol (500mg x 2 each) GelTabs every four hows. The geltabs are quicker acting. Leave it on and let them do it since it is just a day. I hope this helps... keep it very dry around it. I also used neosporan on the site to keep it clean and allow better healing. Take Care John

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, thanks so much for this information. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was like a half hour before my appointment it stopped hurting enough for them to remove the tape without it hurting too much. I know it's because of the prayers. Because that night it started hurting again, but not as bad. It's getting better every day. :)

    ReplyDelete