Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Chop! Chop!

Okay, I did it!  I got my hair cut today!  I posted the picture to the right so you can see.  When the hairstylist was cutting my hair, the reality was setting in.  This is really happening!!!  In the coming days I plan on buying a wig.

Today, I had the breast MRI.  Which really wasn't too bad.  I think I could have actually fallen asleep if it wasn't so loud.   The lady (technician) who did the test was really good.  Her name was Jeanne too.    She made me feel at ease and it really didn't hurt at all when she put in the IV.  (Prayers are working!!)  I hope to find out the results tomorrow.  Which will tell me if the cancer is in the other breast (the right) too and/or the lymph nodes.  So please pray with me.  I'll let you know as soon as find out.

Someone had asked if I will have surgery.  Sorry, I forgot to mention this part.  Yes, I will have a mastecomy after the Chemo.  When my surgeon mentioned at first, I was kinda in shock.  But now after researching I think this is the best way to go.  I also will probably have reconstruction surgery too.  I'll let you know more "deets" in the coming weeks when I get close to making the final decision.  Right now I'm trying to take this one procedure at a time.

I can't beleive all the medical decisions, medical education, research and appointment tracking I've had to do in the past weeks.  My head is spinning with information.

However, the New Orleans Saints winning the football game last night, put me in great mood today! :)

Advent Prayer for Today: 
Lord, help me welcome You once again and make room for You in my daily life, that You may make Your home in my heart.

God Bless and Hugs to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment