Monday, December 7, 2009

Fear Not

"Fear Not"...is what I heard in my head as I scheduled my first Chemo treatment - December 16.   There is an unknown there that brings on some anxiety.  Because everyone reacts differently to Chemo there is no way to determine how I will react mentally and physically.  My faith and trust in the Lord will be tested for sure.  I feel like I'm in line to ride the biggest roller-coaster ride.  You know the butterflies you get right before you get on the ride?

The Advent prayer for today is:

Say to those whose hearts are frightened: Be strong, fear not! Here is your God, He comes with vindication; With divine recompense He comes to save you. (Isaiah 35: 4)


Lord, You are my strength and with You here, my own fears fade right away.

That reflection is exactly what I needed to hear today.  God is Good!

Tomorrow I have the PET Scan, which shouldn't be too bad.  They will be scanning my body from my nose to my knees.  Hopefully, I should get the results in a day or two.  I will post when I find out the results.

Blessings and love to all you!

2 comments:

  1. Jeanne,
    My sister-in-law, Jeanne, sent me an e-mail with the link to this website today. http://www.cleaningforareason.org/

    They will clean for you for free while you're going through Chemo! Maybe you've already heard of it. I have lots of friends and family with you on their prayer list. God bless!!

    Love, Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonja, Wow, that sounds fantastic! Thanks so much for this information. You're such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete