Friday, May 7, 2010

Say a little prayer...

So here's the "skinnie minnie" my MRI test results will not be ready till Tuesday so I had to reschedule my surgeon appointment for Tuesday (5/11) of next week!  UGH!  Stay tuned....

I had my MRI appointment yesterday.  It went well.  I had the same tech who did it last time, I remembered because her name was "Jeannie" :)   I had a little apprehension because I had to lay down on my stomach and I didn't know how I would do that with the port on my chest.  Then I forgot about the IV (yikes) they give you in the arm.  Because of the chemo it's hard to get a good vein.   Usually, I drink water before to plump up my veins, but I didn't do it that afternoon. Doh! (By the way, that's a good tip if you didn't already know, drink lots of water before giving blood or having an IV).  Jeannie was a little nervous because she could not find a good vein.  She almost put it in the vein by my wrist because that was the only good vein she could fine.  Those veins usually are painful.  I told her try my arm again because I said a prayer.  She looked again and "voila" there it was!  No problems with the IV - it was almost painless.  

Jeannie then was nervous about my port.  I told her I said another prayer and she said well your 1 for 1.  So when I was face down on the plateform my port was no trouble at all.  I think she was amazed.  So we are almost homefree, except now I was concerned about me having a "hot flash" while I was getting my MRI.  Sometimes when I have a hot flash it almost feels like I can't breath if I don't cool down right away.  I lay face down and I have to be perfectly still for about 30-45 minutes.  I said another prayer.  Jeannie said I will turn on the fans inside the MRI machine, hopefully you'll be okay.  This time I was amazed, because when I sleep at night I have the fan on me all night and I still get hot flashes all the time.  I didn't have one hot flash while having the MRI.  YEAH!  God is GOOD!  I hope the results are just as good! :)

I can't tell you how nice it was not to have to go to chemo on Thursday.  I'm starting to feel a little better every day.  My oncologist nurse, Sally called me today to tell me she missed me yesterday.  I told her I missed her, but not having Chemo.  That was so thoughtful of her to call me, we definitely are going to keep in touch.

Thanks everyone for sending such nice emails, cards and comments (keep them coming! *wink*) you have no idea how much that lifts my spirits.

Well I want to close today by saying "Happy Mothers Day" to all the moms out there!  You are so special you have no idea!  In fact, I think Mom's should have more than one day a year to celebrate!
I will be spending Mother's day with my mom on Sunday! We are so blessed to have her with us still. :)

Hugs and Blessings to All!
JeanneSaintsFan@aol.com

2 comments:

  1. Sending you good vibes and prayers. Tomorrow will be important, I know. Hang in there -- talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending you some hugs today!!! Your appt is
    going to be just fine no worries!!!!
    Love
    D1

    ReplyDelete