Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Prelim Results

Okay I just got back from seeing my surgeon and I have to tell you my mind is swimming with information.

First off, my surgeon said my tumor has dramatically reduced in size and he was very pleased.  Praise GOD!  Thanks to all of you for your prayers and support! <:-P

After talking to my surgeon several times about my options....I've prayed/thought/researched this for 5 months; I decided to have a double mastectomy with reconstruction.  If possible this can be done all at one time, however it depends on my radiation treatments.  I will be meeting with a plastic surgeon and radiologist in the coming week to discuss my options.

My surgeon says my surgery cannot be scheduled until 1 month after my last chemo which was April 29, so this means my surgery will probably be the 1st-2nd week of June.

I'm so happy about the results of the MRI, it makes all the chemo treatments worth it! Even though I know Jesus is with me no matter what happens, it was nice to hear these positive results.  Hugs and love to all of you who supported and prayed for me every step of the way!  >:D<

Commit your way to the LORD; trust that God will act.  Psalm 37:5


JeanneSaintsFan@aol.com

2 comments:

  1. Amen Jeanne! This is great news. We miss your smiling face, humor, and go get 'em attitude around the office. I know that God has been right beside you and at times carrying you through this journey.

    Keeping you in my prayers.

    Shelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelli, Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers! I too miss working with you. I know you're keeping those peeps in line while I'm gone! :) See you soon! God Bless You! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete