Thursday, March 18, 2010

Chemo Doc Appt Today

So while I was getting my chemo treatment today, I had an appointment with my doctor.  He is pleased with the progress.  The tumor is shrinking but still there.  He said there is about a 50% chance when I get my next scan that the tumor could be just dead tissue.  (The next scan will be a week after my last treatment which will be at the end of April)

He also said that even if the tumor maybe just dead tissue I will still get a mastectomy with an axillary lymph node disection, because of the size of my tumor and that there were clusters around the tumor and location.  I'm okay with all that, because this will give some peace time later down the road.

So all is good.  My side affects continue to annoy me, but I'm praying my way through it.  So glad today was with the 6th treatment!  Half way there!

Thanks to all you! Hugs and Blessings to All
JeanneSaintsFan@aol.com

2 comments:

  1. A milestone! You're in the last stretch! It just doesn't make sense to be looking forward to mastectomy does it? just as it doesn't make sense to be enduring all this to begin with! I'm with you Amiga -- hang in there!

    Love, Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rosi! Your support means alot!

    ReplyDelete