Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Sorry, I haven't posted in a while.  It's taking some time through this recovery, but I'm getting through it.  Slow and steady wins the race right?  That's what I keep telling myself.  It's day 16 and I still have 2 drains in.  I saw the surgeon yesterday and hopefully it won't be too long before they are out (maybe another week.) 

I got my pathology results last week from my surgeon.  They removed a 2.7 cm tumor from my left breast.  They also removed 11 nodes which one had a microscopic cancer.  The surgeon is very pleased with the surgery.  My official diagnoises is stage II -invasive ductal carcinoma, HER negative.  After I heal I will visit the oncologist and then on the radiation.

I have to say this past week my spirits did decline a bit, but that probably has to do more with not being able to regulate my pain.  My body has drastically changed in the past months it's hard to mentally catch up with the changes too.   I'm feeling hopeful now and ready to move a head.

Okay Jack is calling me to dinner! I think we are having hamburgers! Yum!  Thanks for the words of encouragement!  Keep them coming! :)

Hugs and Blessings to you ALL!
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment