Friday, November 27, 2009

Take Up Your Cross and Follow Me....

Below is a copy of an email I recently sent to some friends praying for me:

If you haven't heard already the test came back and the doctor confirmed I have a stage 2 breast cancer.


There are still more tests to be done to see exactly how big my tumor is because the surgeon wants me to have Chemo to shrink the tumor. The last test (Ultrasound) said the tumor is 2.9 cm but the surgeon seems to think it may be bigger. So I'm having a breast MRI on Monday to see exactly how big the tumor is. Also, I'm having a PET scan Tue or Wed to see if there is any other signs of cancer else where in my body. Then on Friday I have a procedure where they will put a portal in my chest area where they will use to give me Chemo later.

So where is all the good news in this? The Oncologist believes if I have the pre-chemo and tumor shrinks really small I may not have to have Chemo after surgery too. The only thing is if I have the Chemo before surgery it will be aggressive Chemo (Every 2 weeks for 4 treatments) so for 2 months my activity will be very limited.

God's will be done. Please pray for me that I have the grace to go through this God's way. Sometime's it feels overwhelming and then I feel a calmness and peace that surpasses all understanding. I know that is because of your prayers! Thank you so much. I appreciate all your prayers, love and support.
 
"Follow Me", says the Lord.  Well here I come, lets go!

2 comments:

  1. Our family will be adding you to our daily prayers. We love you and will be here as you WIN the battle against breast cancer. Stephanie Crawford and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie for your love, prayers and support!

    ReplyDelete