Sunday, September 30, 2012

A New Plan!

God is Good!

Sorry it's taken me a while to post this news, I will explain a little later why I'm so late in posting the good news!! Yes, I said  Good News!

As you know I went to UCSF this past Tuesday to meet with my new doctor and hear about my new treatment plan.  Well it was better than I expected.

Even though there is no cure for stage 4 breast cancer the treatment is pretty good.  She went over the drugs I can take to stop the cancer from growing.  There are several different drugs out there and I'm starting at the top.  I'm taking a new hormone drug right now.  They monitor it through a blood test to see if it's working or not.  I also will go on bone therapy to help heal my bones where the cancer has done damage.  The bone therapy requires me to go to UCSF once a month for a shot.   After reviewing my all my tests she believes the spots on my lungs were already there before I was diagnosised back 2009 and are not cancerous.  So I don't have to have any Chemo! YEAH!!!! However, she will monitor those spots.  Also, eventually as my bones heal I will be able to work full time.  People have lived for 10-15 years taking these drug protocols, which is better than I expected!  The side effects are minimal which is great too!  So that's it!  I go to UCSF take a blood test to monitor my progress and get a shot for the bone therapy. 

The reason I haven't been able to enjoy the news is because in the middle of all this my gallbladder flared up during radiation and I've been in some awful pain.  I went to the doctor on Friday and she said having surgery so close after radiation is very high risk for such a simple surgery as having my gallbladder removed.  I was in so much pain I was willing to take the risk until I found out my surgeon had the flu and I didn't care for the on-call surgeon.  So I've been laying low till I can see my surgeon this Thursday.  My sister Tina told me about the Nutri-blast (I'm going to sound like an informercial now) and I purchased one.  I've been using the Nutri-blast all weekend because I can't eat hardly anything solid.  I have to say I'm starting to feel a little better.  This is the first time I've been able to sit up in several days for a long period of time without pain. 

Thanks so much for all your prayers, love and support!  It means so much!  I'm very blessed!  I can't thank my sisters Tina and Roseline enough for putting up with me!  My husband has been a dream too!

Enjoy your day and make it a great day for someone else!

Hugs and Blessings!
Jeanne

"God is Good...All the Time!"

No comments:

Post a Comment