Sunday, June 27, 2010

Anticipation

Sorry, I haven't updated this blog in a while....

So here is the update on my health situation:  On July 12th I will have my surgery.  Pray the pathology results come in "cancer free".  The surgery is scheduled at St. Josephs and I will probably be there a   1-2 days.  My recovery period is around 4-6 weeks.  This week I have several appointments to prepare for surgery.  I'm feeling pretty good right now, just dealing with all the little side effects of the chemo.  Which is nothing compared to actually having chemo.  I will keep you updated in the coming days up to my surgery.

So what have I been doing this past few weeks?  Well, I've been working part time and staying with my mom.  My mom is doing well, she is sleeping a lot these days.

I kept faith, even when I said, "I am greatly afflicted!"  Psalms 116:10


Have a fantastic week! Thanks for all the well wishes, prayers, love and encouragement!

Hugs and Blessings to All!
Jeanne

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll be glad to get the surgery behind you. You've been very courageous through all of this. Erica and Paul were just here for a visit for 11 days; it was so fun to have them here! Now they are headed back to TX to their home they bought at the end of May. Very happy they could buy a house and get in on the tax credit and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I didn't realize Erica and Paul lived in Texas. That's great news about their house, it's a great time to buy. Yes, Sonja I agree can't wait till this is behind me. Thanks for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They moved to TX last July; he took a teaching job there in a private Christian school and really loves it. He's teaching high school classes. Erica did some volunteer work at the public library and then did quite a bit of subbing at the school where Paul teaches for the last few months of the school year. We really have to talk one of these days and catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bossom Buddy!!! Wow, seems like we were going through the whole hiatus from bloggin around the same time. Congrats on your upcoming surgery... I will definitely stop by to see you (if you grant me permission of course). I'm on the weekly taxol, my iron (hemoglobin count) is really low. They are talking transfusion... but I ate a bunch of high iron foods last week and whoo Hoo! My count increaesed several points. So I'm definitely on the move to up it on my own naturally. God is GOOD!!!

    But about you... Glad you are able to get back to work. I am hoping to do the same by early August. Keeping you in my prayers!

    Take care my friend ~ and BB!!

    Huggs ~ Tishia

    ReplyDelete